Monday, June 15, 2009

Speaking of Angels ...

Speaking of angels, I feel the need to say a huge “Thank you!” to the TR Program students and graduates who have truly blown me away with gifts for this journey. I’ve been absolutely overwhelmed with their generosity and constant gifts of encouragement, confidence and general “cheering on”!

Gifts from these angels came in so many additional forms! To name just a few ... one group of students gave me a gorgeous hand-painted “Dream Box” full of hand written messages from each of them – this morning I pulled out two of those messages. The first read “You are doing what you’re supposed to be doing ... so keep going” and the second read “Remember to take a few deep breathes and know that challenges build strengths”. I love each message – I love the fun of pulling them out of the box and being surprised. They are fuel for my soul.

Students have given me beautiful cards with long and heartfelt messages of encouragement and support. I was given several gas cards to fill the tank for my travels, and a very healthy gift certificate for my favourite bookstore, Banyon Books. This from students, who could use the money for other things, no doubt! They’ve also given me things like candles (to shine light on the path), and Happiness Angels (also to shine light on the path!). And so much more!

I’ve made a point of finding special places in my home for each gift because I want to feel the love! Regularly! Lucky, lucky me I think - to know these angels and to be surrounded with their good wishes and their wisdom all the time. I feel you all with me!

Just as important to me are the occasional emails from students or graduates of the program. They are short and sweet and they are more precious fuel for the soul ... “Hi Lee ... I’m thinking of you ... here’s what’s happening for me” How fabulous is that? Pretty fabulous let me tell you. Connections, connections, connections ... they sure are what matters most. It feels to me like the reason for everything. Please keep them coming – you lift my spirits and make me smile, big time, every time. You are the best!

With big love and big gratefulness,
Lee

2 comments:

  1. The scent of the flowers remains on the hand that offers the floral gift of thanks! You recognize the angels in your life because you yourself are an angel for so many of us! The example you offer as you take this journey gives us the strength and encouragement to take steps into/onto our own journeys - a blessing indeed! Forging into the unknown is both exciting and scary but you move forward with grace - leading the way for the rest of us to follow. So...thank you to YOU - dear angel!! With much love ~ Jo-A. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee!! As a TR graduate, I wanted to tell you that the reason you are loved and encouraged is a result of the incredible impact you have on the lives of people around you. I graduated 5 years ago and still remember your passion for life and for people. You have a way of sharing words that are powerful and resound in the hearts and minds of the ones blessed to hear them!
    I wish you all the best in your new journey, and don't doubt for a minute that you will leave a lasting impression wherever you go.
    *Laura (was Laura Eddy when a student... now married and Laura Neufeld)

    ReplyDelete