Thursday, October 1, 2009

Two Peace Summit Gems ...

Hi everyone ...

On Tuesday this week I was so blessed to be among His Holiness the Dalia Lama, many passionate & inspiring world leaders, and thousands of like minded change agents in the audience at the Orpheum for the 2009 Vancouver Peace Summit. Here are two of the most valuable gems that stood out for me, among so very, very many ...

1. Number one “life well lived” tip: Go inside. Yes. Again and again I hear and experience the most valuable thing we can do to feel more alive, vibrant and of service in the world. Go inside. Ask your body what it is feeling ... and just allow that feeling some space. No judgement. Ask your heart what it wants you to do. Be still and notice the answer. Be still and notice your breath. Your answers are there, your peace is there, your compassion (for yourself and others) is there ... it’s all there.

Eckhart Tolle shared research on the success of soccer penalty shoot out kicks: those players who turn inward and get still for 2-5 seconds after the signal to kick is heard are much more likely to score a goal than those players who kick the ball immediately after the signal. Amazing, right?

Even 5 minutes of stillness in the morning (to set the tone for a calmer day), or 30 seconds of stillness before an important meeting will reap noticeable pay offs for you.

2. Even though I wasn’t at this event (in body that is), I felt my attention drawn to the We Day Event at GM Place, where 16,000 teen leaders from across BC came to be inspired by each other and by the Dalai Lama, Craig and Marc Kielburger (Founders of Free the Children and the Me to We Movement), and a host of entertainers and passionate social activists. I couldn’t wait to read the Vancouver Sun write up.

The highlight for me was seeing the shining, vibrant face of Mia Farrow, arms in the air, facing the shining faces of this sea of peace-making young leaders ... and she said to them “You are the architects of the future. You are the generation I’ve been waiting for all my life.” Yes, indeed. We are surrounded on the earth today with so much compassion and love ... so many youth and so many peace-builders. I beam with gratefulness and I seize the challenge to continue being the peace I wish to see in the world ... more and more all the time! I know everyone who tunes into my blog feels the same commitment. I bow to the brilliance and love in each of you.

Love, peace, creativity and compassion,
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment